Forum
Last updated: 

I just got an American Express Gold Card and would like to know how many Cards I can hold with American Express as a permanent resident?

Is it possible to hold more than one American express card at once and if so, what kind of documents do I need to provide as I am a permanent resident?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes you may hold more than one American express card in addition to your current card but the maximum is 2 credit cards and one charge card issued by the American Express Singapore. As a permanent resident, the documents you will require are Photo ID, a Photocopy of NRIC (front & back) for both Basic and Supplementary Card Applicants

2019.08.01 5:41

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

They are only a phone call away to help you with enquiries and bookings

Exclusively for Gold Charter Members, the banks dedicated Charter Customer Assist team stands ready to assist with any request. Whether it's a bouquet of flowers for your lover, a game of golf at a choice golf course, restaurant reservations or a sporting event; they are only a phone call away to help you with enquiries and bookings within the Asia Pacific region. Actually you will even be able to obtain travel assistance during office hours.

24 months of protection and a maximum warranty period of 48 months.

I like the extended warranty were they will double the original manufacturer's warranty when you make a purchase on your American Express Gold Charter Card in Singapore. And also give you up to an additional 24 months of protection and a maximum warranty period of 48 months. Quite simply, you enjoy more protection for your purchases with your American Express Gold Charter Card.

Earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent

I am new to the card but I would like to say that the cards membership rewards programme is amazing allowing you to earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent. Enrolment into the Membership Rewards Programme is required for points to be awarded. You can choose to enrol in one of the two options of Non-Frequent Traveller Option or the Frequent Traveller Option.

Recommending Forums

With so many options of Amex cards to choose from, why should I choose the Amex Gold Card?

American Express Gold Card

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What are bond and how do they work?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International