Forum
Last updated: 

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

I'm currently 19 years old and I moved our of my parent's place to start a new life. They helped me get started by paying for my rent for the first two months but I believe that getting my own landline is important so that I could easily be reached by the companies that I applied to for a job however I am concerned if I'm already eligible to get my own landline.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Singapore is known to be one of the safest countries in the world. Age restrictions are part of Singapore's safety measure so the answer to your question is "Yes" there are age restrictions in getting a landline in Singapore. You need to be at least 17 if you are a Singaporean Citizen and you need to be at least 21 if you're not a citizen.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Related Reviews

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International