Forum
Last updated: 

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

I am about to file for bankruptcy but I've heard that there are certain restrictions once a person is declared bankrupt. I am curious about those restrictions and I want to find out more about them so that I could re-evaluate my current situation and think of alternative solutions before I file for bankrupptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Singapore has been known to have the safest banks in the world. According to an article published in 2019 by Global finance, DBS bank holds the title for the safest bank in Asia for 11 consecutive years and the 15th safest bank in the world. DBS bank has also been recognized by Euromoney as the "Worlds Best Bank"

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Lending my Debit card

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

My grandfather are being treated at home

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Using the companies Debit card.

Related Reviews

A competitive 3% interest rate and $50,000 insurance

I use Maybank SaveUp for their 3% interest very competitive rate plus $50,000 insurance. I also use it for savings and not so much for transactions, so I'm ok with the user interface & lack of ATMs. Plus, their Maybank Platinum Visa Card has no annual fee, provided there is at least 1 transaction every quarter, and gives 3.33% cashback on almost any category of $300 spending free.

Maybank SaveUp Account / Maybank Singapore

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

You recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000

This is a decent account for kid with ages 18 and below as there are no minimum deposit, fall below fee, monthly fee or lock-in period. However, as a parent you are required to pay $50 into the account by GIRO every month. The interest rates aren’t the best but they’re not that bad either as you recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000, 0.15% on amounts above $50,000 up to $200,000, and 0.25% on amounts above $200,000.

Standard Chartered e$aver Kids / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore