Forum
Last updated: 

Am I required to have a debit card?

A business company has given us a lot of benefits, to me that satisfies my needs and most of them were not even on my plan. Now my company is requiring us to have a debit card as a part of the benefits of the company. I want to know if it is legal to require the employees to have one. I am not used to those things.

User comments

• user image

No Name

In the latest way of paying the workers of a company is usally by a bank. Most businesses or companies have partnered already with banks so they can deposit the salaries that their employees need. Those major companies provides you the debit card that you can use anytime. But it depends on the company that you are working for. Some small companies give the salary the old fashion way.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Lending my Debit card

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

My bank fails. What should I do?

Using the companies Debit card.

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

Related Reviews

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

A competitive 3% interest rate and $50,000 insurance

I use Maybank SaveUp for their 3% interest very competitive rate plus $50,000 insurance. I also use it for savings and not so much for transactions, so I'm ok with the user interface & lack of ATMs. Plus, their Maybank Platinum Visa Card has no annual fee, provided there is at least 1 transaction every quarter, and gives 3.33% cashback on almost any category of $300 spending free.

Maybank SaveUp Account / Maybank Singapore

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore