Forum
Last updated: 

Lending my Debit card

Our family status is not that high as we want. Now that I am working and is the breadwinner of the family, I am expected to give the needs and the wants of the family. The company that I am working with gave us a debit card to use it for the salary to receive. Can I get it to my family for them to use?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Using others debit card comes with risks, even you have permission. Not all banks or debit card companies who issue them will permit you to do so. There are two different ways to authorize a friend or relative to use your debit card. You can add the person to your account officially as an authorized user, or you can simply share your card and personal identification number informally, as many people do.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

I lost my Debit Card.

How can I lock my debit card?

What age can someone open a debit card.

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

My grandfather are being treated at home

Related Reviews

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore