Forum
Last updated: 

Using the companies Debit card.

The company gave me the company debit card that contains the money of the company. The president told me to use it. Now I am worried and surprise because out of the blue I have the debit card of the company. Should I return it? Is it even legal to have it in my hands? I am not sure if I should use it.

User comments

• user image

No Name

All companies have bank accounts that can be used for the expenses of the company. If the CEO, or owner of the company gave you permission to use the debit card of the company. Ask them if there is a catch or if they are really letting you use the company card. Also ask them if it would affect your position and if you can use it for your own use.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My grandfather are being treated at home

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

How can I lock my debit card?

Am I required to have a debit card?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Related Reviews

Free Identity Theft Solutions to help in the event of stolen identity

As people’s lives grow more digital, it has only served to make it easier for hackers and cybercriminals to access more and more personal information and identity. They can open utility accounts, get a cell phone, or apply for a credit card, all using your name. Citi offers a free Identity Theft Solutions that can help you in the event that your identity is ever stolen. The service comes free with your Citibank Basic Banking Checking Account. Dealing with identity theft can be a massive pain, but Citi’s expert team can make it a little bit easier.

Citibank Basic Banking Account / Citibank Singapore

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

Awesome banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for the elderly

Maybank Singapore goes the extra mile with this one to targets the elderly in new integrated banking package with access to products such as endowment and retirement plans. Maybank Singapore’s integrated package encompassing banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for customers aged 50 and above as part of its efforts to help them grow their retirement funds is simple genius

Maybank Passion Plus Programme / Maybank Singapore

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

A fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a high balance

The Citi MaxiGain Savings Account is a fantastic account for wealthy, consistent savers who can maintain a balance between S$70,000–S$150,000. To begin with, this account is a bit unique as the base interest rate is set to 70% of the 1-month SIBOR (Singapore Interbank Offer Rate), which changes daily–making rates slightly more variable than with other accounts. As a baseline, the effective base rate tends to be around 1.00% p.a., more or less, which is by far the highest available as per market standards.

Citi MaxiGain Savings Account / Citibank Singapore