Forum
Last updated: 

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

I've heard that there's a company that offfers a free sim only plan. I'm an overseas worker who just arrived in Singapore and I don't have much cash to work with so I was wondering if there is actually such a thing and if there is, which mobile company offers thse plans what are the service/services that are included in the plan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

At first it might sound lika a hoax but since this is Singapore where possibilities are limitless. There is a company called Circles.Life that offers a free sim only plan. Their plan includes 1GB of data, 30min talk time and 10 SMS every month for S$0. This is perfect for someone who just needs a sim card for emergency purposes or someone who needs a line so they can be reached but does not use their phone much. TPG also offers one which includes 2G of data/day but you can;t use it for calls and SMS.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

What are the different types of stock?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Related Reviews

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore