Forum
Last updated: 

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

I am a young investor who's dream is to become a successful investor however it is not that easy to become one. It takes years of experience and guidance to become a successful investor. There are many things to learn and skills to acquire. What are the skills that I need to learn and have to become a successful investor?

User comments

• user image

No Name

An inescapable path to becoming a successful investor is to learn how to become a lifelong student. Learn from other investor's success and mistakes. Learn how they made the money, not how they spent it. Place value on value, buy assets that you know are underpriced and sell them for a higher value. Always have healthy Skpeticism which is very hard to acquire as the world is full of malice. Lastly but not the least is to sharpen your analytical ability as being able to analyze what is going on is very crucial to becoming a good investor.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Related Reviews

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation