Forum
Last updated: 

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

I saw in an online shop that they are selling repossessed items. They are well maintained and even slightly used. They are sure legit people and can be trusted. I asked them for legal documents that will support their stuffs and they showed me the papers. Now I am planning to buy some items from them, can I use my debit card as method of payment?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Buying repossessed items is not an illegal thing to do. Most of the repossessed items have enough documents that support the item. Selling repossesssed items is mostly done by the banks. But other people can also do that if someone loaned from them and have documents. Yes you can buy those items from the seller, you can also use your debit card to pay for the items.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Lending my Debit card

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Am I required to have a debit card?

Using the companies Debit card.

My grandfather are being treated at home

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility

They allow eligibility for children aged 18 and below with a minimum initial deposit of S$1. With the HSBC Premier Lite Savings account as their first savings account, they will not only start saving early, but also receive a recognition card that offers worldwide emergency support wherever they may be. Apart from the exclusive HSBC Premier interest rates, you also have the convenience of accessing your account via the Global view facility, or through HSBC’s global ATM network and 24-hour Phone Banking Services.

HSBC Premier Lite / HSBC Bank Singapore

You recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000

This is a decent account for kid with ages 18 and below as there are no minimum deposit, fall below fee, monthly fee or lock-in period. However, as a parent you are required to pay $50 into the account by GIRO every month. The interest rates aren’t the best but they’re not that bad either as you recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000, 0.15% on amounts above $50,000 up to $200,000, and 0.25% on amounts above $200,000.

Standard Chartered e$aver Kids / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

An account only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship

This account is only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship. Overall, HSBC Advance Time Deposit is fairly accessible, with just an S$5,000 minimum to place a deposit of any tenure at standard rates. Interest rates do not vary by deposit size, though rates jump substantially for longer tenures. In fact, board rates from 1 to12 months range from 0.05% to 0.25%, but a 24 month tenure earns an impressive 1.45% p.a. This is one of the highest 24 month rates on the market, making the HSBC Advance Fixed Deposit excellent for long-term deposits

HSBC Singapore Dollar Savings Account / HSBC Bank Singapore