Forum
Last updated: 

How can I lock my debit card?

While I was riding a public transportation, there are a lot people taking trains and while I was trying to get inside, my things scattered all over the floor. Trying to catch the next train, I hurriedly picked up all of my things and ride to the next train. When I finally arrived at the office, I checked all my things and noticed that my debit card is not in my wallet. I tried calling the subway officer but they said that they did not see any debit card. I was afraid someone will use it and spend all my savings. I wanted to know if there is a way to lock my debit card to keep other people from using it.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of debit cards that has a lock feature. This was used to prevent others from using it. This feature is very useful when someone misplaces his or her card. It was made to lock the account to prevent thieves or someone from making fraudulent charges. But once you get the card back, you can unlock it again and use as your debit card.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I lost my Debit Card.

What age can someone open a debit card.

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

Am I required to have a debit card?

Related Reviews

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

A competitive 3% interest rate and $50,000 insurance

I use Maybank SaveUp for their 3% interest very competitive rate plus $50,000 insurance. I also use it for savings and not so much for transactions, so I'm ok with the user interface & lack of ATMs. Plus, their Maybank Platinum Visa Card has no annual fee, provided there is at least 1 transaction every quarter, and gives 3.33% cashback on almost any category of $300 spending free.

Maybank SaveUp Account / Maybank Singapore

An account only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship

This account is only open to consumers with an Advance banking relationship. Overall, HSBC Advance Time Deposit is fairly accessible, with just an S$5,000 minimum to place a deposit of any tenure at standard rates. Interest rates do not vary by deposit size, though rates jump substantially for longer tenures. In fact, board rates from 1 to12 months range from 0.05% to 0.25%, but a 24 month tenure earns an impressive 1.45% p.a. This is one of the highest 24 month rates on the market, making the HSBC Advance Fixed Deposit excellent for long-term deposits

HSBC Singapore Dollar Savings Account / HSBC Bank Singapore