Forum
Last updated: 

What are the thrilling and attractive features of the UOB Direct Visa Debit Card?

I would like to know if there are interesting packages and offerings with the UOB Direct Visa Debit Card, any user of the card here?

User comments

• user image

No Name

They offer some interesting packages indeed starting with a 1% rebate on Grab transactions with a minimum monthly spend of S$500 on your UOB Direct Visa Debit Card capped at S$20 rebate per month. You also get to enjoy SMART$ rebates on-the-spot at participating merchants all year round and use it to offset your next purchase. Participating merchants such as Shell, Cathay Cineplexes, Cold Storage, Guardian and much more. Up to 3.88% p.a. interest with UOB One Account earn higher interest when you spend on your UOB Direct Visa Debit Card. You can access over 1,200 ATMs in Singapore and global ATM access on the Visa plus Network and Pay for purchases NETS Outlets Island wide. There Enhanced Card Security - EMV Smart Chip protects against “skimming”, enjoy secure online shopping with Verified by Visa and receive SMS transaction alerts. Purchases are debited directly from your account and you get to track transactions via UOB Personal Internet Banking or Mobile Banking and monthly statements.

2019.08.01 6:52

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What is Apple Pay?

UOB Direct VISA Debit Card

Related Forums

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

What are Stocks?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore