Forum
Last updated: 

How can I lock my debit card?

While I was riding a public transportation, there are a lot people taking trains and while I was trying to get inside, my things scattered all over the floor. Trying to catch the next train, I hurriedly picked up all of my things and ride to the next train. When I finally arrived at the office, I checked all my things and noticed that my debit card is not in my wallet. I tried calling the subway officer but they said that they did not see any debit card. I was afraid someone will use it and spend all my savings. I wanted to know if there is a way to lock my debit card to keep other people from using it.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of debit cards that has a lock feature. This was used to prevent others from using it. This feature is very useful when someone misplaces his or her card. It was made to lock the account to prevent thieves or someone from making fraudulent charges. But once you get the card back, you can unlock it again and use as your debit card.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My grandfather are being treated at home

Using the companies Debit card.

Am I required to have a debit card?

I lost my Debit Card.

What age can someone open a debit card.

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Related Reviews

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size

Maybank iSAVvy Plus Savings Account is a great option for consistent savers who can comfortably make large monthly deposits and no withdrawals at that for a period of 6 month. To begin with, Maybank iSAVvy Plus Account rewards account holders with a high base rate according to their balance size, reaching up to 0.38% p.a. for consumers with S$50k+ balance. Considering the market standard is just 0.05% p.a., this base–which comes without any requirements or criteria–is remarkably competitive. Additionally, consumers earn a substantial 1.56% p.a. bonus rate on their incremental growth after 6 months, assuming consistent deposits with no withdrawals.

Maybank iSAVvy Savings Plus Account / Maybank Singapore

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Free Identity Theft Solutions to help in the event of stolen identity

As people’s lives grow more digital, it has only served to make it easier for hackers and cybercriminals to access more and more personal information and identity. They can open utility accounts, get a cell phone, or apply for a credit card, all using your name. Citi offers a free Identity Theft Solutions that can help you in the event that your identity is ever stolen. The service comes free with your Citibank Basic Banking Checking Account. Dealing with identity theft can be a massive pain, but Citi’s expert team can make it a little bit easier.

Citibank Basic Banking Account / Citibank Singapore

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore