Forum
Last updated: 

What age can someone open a debit card.

A friend of mine, Ms. Rica has a daughter who is 15 years of age. She wants her child to open a bank account and have a debit card for security purposes for her daughter. They want their daughter to know the value of money while she is in a minor age. I want to know if she can be qualified to open one.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Every parent always want their children to have an emergency money that they can easiliy access anytime they need it. One of those the easy accesses for them to send money to their children when away is through a debit card. But not every child can get an account or have a debit card from a bank they must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Debit Card.

2020.03.24 15:44
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41
  • user image

F

Ddddxxxxetxh crctddctfcgggggggggggggvvvvvvbbtvfvfvvfvffvfvfvvfgbggGgtfvyicftictfifcugfctifctifcyifcyi fc you know what I do is dumb and you

2021.12.01 1:41

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Using the companies Debit card.

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Lending my Debit card

How can I lock my debit card?

My bank fails. What should I do?

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

Related Reviews

Providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts

The Standard Chartered e$aver Savings Account is currently offering a promotion that significantly boosts its value by providing consumers heavy incentives to make large deposits into their accounts, as any incremental increases in their balance from month-to-month will earn 1.70% p.a. These funds must be credited to outside source, rather than transferred within the Standard Chartered banking system, and this bonus applies to the increase only and not to the entire balance.

Standard Chartered e$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

High savings account interest rate with no requirements

High savings account interest rate with no requirements and high $5,000,000 deposit limit but unfortunately only applicable for customers that are 55 years old and above. But still with a low 0.18% p.a. interest rate on first $50,000 deposit and access to enjoy interest rates of up to 1.28% p.a. with the MyWay Savings Account with no lock-in period and privileges on dining, travel, lifestyle and healthcare with the MyWay debit card, this is a fair enough deal.

Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Make use of your UOB Personal Internet Banking to track your account balances

This is a savings account with a stylish passbook provided entirely free of charge. Despite this being a passbook savings account, you can still make use of UOB Personal Internet Banking and use it to track your account balances. Internet Banking will provide you the banking convenience where you can make banking transactions anytime at anywhere, banking conveniences literally at your fingertips.

UOB Passbook Savings Account / United Overseas Bank

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore